Saturday, November 3, 2007

what is menstruation???

Definition:
Menstruation has many names -- period, monthly cycle, even Aunt Flo. Regardless of what you call it, menstruation is vaginal bleeding that occurs approximately every 28 days in adolescent girls and premenopausal women.

During the monthly menstrual cycle, female sex hormones prepare the uterus to support a pregnancy. If pregnancy takes place, menstruation usually does not return until after childbirth. If pregnancy does not occur, the endometrial lining (the lining of the uterus) sheds during menstruation. Menstrual blood and tissues leave the body through the vagina and it usually lasts from three to seven days.

Also Known As: period, menstrual cycle, monthly cycle, menstrual bleeding, monthly bleeding, Aunt Flo

1 comment:

Pradeep said...

Dear Sir/Mam,

pls advaice me on my problm.... i was taking The single dose emergency contraceptive pill ..... after 15 day my priod time no beelding and very painfull and

i think was normaly taken i-pill after tha problm start....
pls suggest me how to be manage my health pls describe details send me on id
pradeep1986niit@rediffmail.com